Spiritual HealingPublished Date: 9/18/2021 2:00:29 AM
- Spiritual healing is not linked to a particular religion. It is not faith healing - even very skeptical people can be healed.
- The word 'spiritual' originates from the Latin word 'spiritus' meaning "breath of life". The spiritual aspect refers to spiritual energy working at a deep level on our spiritual being. The healing involves the transfer of energy; in other words, it is not from the healer him or herself, but the healer links with ‘Universal’ or Divine energy to channel healing for the mind, body, and spirit.
Components of healing:
- Universal energy or spiritual force (non-religious) can be directed by intention.
- When focused on the human body, via the aura (human energy field), it raises the ‘spiritual vibrations’ of that person.
- This improves health and allows one’s highest nature to unfold.
- For optimum healing, repeated treatments needed to overcome the body’s inertia.
- When people are ill, it is common for them to say that they are 'low in energy'; conversely when people are healthy, we talk about them bursting with energy.
- Often, 6-8 sessions may be required to bring about improvement, especially for those with long-term conditions.
What happens in the healing session?
- Recipient - on chair or couch
- Healers attune to the healing energy
- Energy is channeled (usually via the healers’ hands) on and around the body to affect the healing.
- It is important that no specific outcome is promised. Healers cannot truly do this, as they act merely as a channel to the healing energy. Healing can also be given as distant healing (when the healer is not in the presence of the patient), whereby, through attunement and visualization, the healer seeks to promote the wellbeing of and the self-healing of the patient.
Who can be helped?
- Anyone. Many people carry around unhelpful energetic burdens (such as anger or fear) which can be alleviated by healing.
- Usually people with long-term mental and physical health conditions such as depression, anxiety, bipolar states, backache, arthritis, cancer, ME, those ‘low in energy’ or generally feeling out of sorts.
- What do people experience during healing?
- Many sensations, best described as the flow of energy:
- Warmth (from the healer’s hands or an overall comforting type)
- Other sensations (e.g. of movement, touch, pain coming to the surface)
Effects of healing:
Not always specific but often very important to the life of the patient. e.g.
- Reduced pain
- Deepening inner peace / Lightening of burden
- Alleviation of physical symptoms
- Sense of connectedness with the Universe
- Increased vitality