- Are you a Vata?
Vata body type is governed by air and space elements.
Body structure - People belonging to this class, generally find it difficult to gain weight. As they have a fast metabolism, they are thin with prominent bony structures, they tend to be cold most of the time, and have dry skin and hair. They also have little muscle tone. Their pulses are fast and weak.
Lifestyle – They are very active, mobile, restless, and energetic. Their sleeping, eating, and personal habits are usually irregular and erratic. Their sexual desire keeps on varying between extremes. As they sleep lightly and are easily disturbed, they are more prone to sleep disorders like insomnia.
Communication –Their mode of speech is generally very fast, they are talkative and enjoy talking a lot.
Mental state – Mentally and emotionally they are very quick. They are quick at gathering or displaying information or emotions. They tend to learn fast but their retention poor is weak, thus they forget fast as well.
Nature – Vata people are generally shy, modest, and are low in confidence. They are often impatient but very flexible and adaptable to change. They usually feel stressed or worried in an unfamiliar or bad situation. They are most likely to be loners or non-conformists. They spent money quickly. They are highly creative and sensitive.
Types - 5 types of Vata dosha.
- Prana Vata - Governs inhalation, perception through the senses, and governs the mind. Located in the brain, head, throat, heart, and respiratory organs.
- Udana Vata - Governs speech, self-expression, effort, enthusiasm, strength, and vitality. Located in the navel, lungs, and throat.
- Samana Vata - Governs peristaltic movement of the digestive system. Located in the stomach and small intestines.
- Apana Vata - Governs all downward impulses (urination, elimination, menstruation, sexual discharges, etc.) Located between the navel and the anus.
- Vyana Vata - Governs circulation, heart rhythm, locomotion. Centered in the heart and permeates through the whole body.