Ayurvedic DoshasPublished Date: 9/17/2021 11:16:22 PM
To learn the working of mudras, we first have to understand the three doshas described in Ayurveda.
- The 3 doshas are :
- Vata Dosha
- Pitta Dosha
- Kapha Dosha
- Doshas are made up of the 5 elements.
- Two elements combine together to form one dosha.
AIR + SPACE = VATA DOSHA
FIRE + WATER = PITTA DOSHA
EARTH + WATER = KAPHA DOSHA
QUALITIES OF DOSHAS :
Vata Dosha :
Function of Vata Dosha :
- Natural urges
- Transformation of tissues
- Motor functions
- Sensory functions
- Vata is wind. It governs movements and Nervous System.
- Balanced Vata – creativity, stability, groundedness, centeredness.
- Imbalanced Vata – Stress, Anxiety, Distraction.
Pitta Dosha :
Functions Of Pitta Dosha :
- Body heat
- Pitta is Digestion. Governs metabolism and ability to digest, absorb & assimilate food and experiences.
- Balanced Pitta – goal accomplishment, energetic, vigorous, bright. Ability to integrate experiences with ease.
- Unbalanced Pitta – inflamed, aggressive, irritable.
Kapha Dosha :
Functions Of Kapha Dosha :
- Kapha denotes Stability. Keeps us lubricated and comfortable.
- Balanced Kapha – Strong, Loving, Compassionate, Steady.