Scientific Name: Rhodiola rosea
Higher Classification: Stonecrops
Family Name: Crassulaceae
Rank Name: Species
Order Name: Saxifragales
Artic rootPublished Date: 6/17/2023 5:55:11 AM
What is Arctic root:
- The Arctic root acts as an adaptogen is used to promote good health, strength, reduce stress, combat fatigue, increase mental performance, and improve physical and mental fitness. (More Details)
- Arctic Root, also known as "Rhodiola", "Golden root", and "Rhodiola rosea" is a herb that grows within the mountainous regions of Europe and Asia. Its roots have long been used in Eurasian ancient medicine as a natural tonic.
- Composition: Arctic roots contain phenols, rosavin, rosin, rosarin, organic acids, terpenoids, phenolic acids and their derivatives, flavonoids, anthraquinones, alkaloids, tyrosol, and salidroside. These compounds act as stress relief and mood-boosting agents.
- Arctic root preparations are obtained from the dried extracts prepared by ethanol extraction (a technique used to extract compounds from plant material by dissolving them in ethanol). Like many herbs, it is available in the form of capsules, tablets, dried powder, liquid extract.
- People can take the herb on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before breakfast and lunch. Avoid taking it in the evening.
- It is also available in the form of tea.
What are its benefits:
- Its root contains 140 active ingredients, the most popular being "Rosavin" and "Salidroside". Its roots help the body counter stress, anxiety, fatigue, and depression.
- It is also used as a dietary supplement.
- It has antidepressant properties by balancing neurotransmitters in your brain. It also leads to significant improvements in insomnia and emotional stability.
- It reduces mental fatigue and improves work-related performance, sleep patterns, and motivation to study.
- It may help control diabetes, and may also lower blood sugar by transporting glucose into the cells.
- It has anti-cancer properties.
- RASA (Taste): MADHURA (Sweet) & TIKTA (Bitter) or MADHURA (Sweet) and KASAYA (Astringent)
- VIRYA (Potency): SHEETA (Cold)
- VIPAKA (Resultant): MADHURA (Sweet)
- PRABHAVA (Action): Anti-fatigue
- DOSHA KARMA (Effect on Humor): Mainly pacifies Kapha & Pitta dosha.
- Dhatu (Tissue): Effect RASA, RAKTA, MAMSA