DashamoolaPublished Date: 6/17/2023 5:53:54 AM
What is Dashamoola:
- Dashamoola is an ayurvedic concoction effective for numerous health conditions, especially the ones related to respiration, nerves, muscles, bones, joints, lungs, asthma.
- Dashamoola, originally composed by Sushruta in his "Sushruta Samhita" (an ancient Sanskrit text on medicine and surgery), contains dried roots of ten different plants. Dashamoola is a combination of the Sanskrit words "Dasha", which means ten, and "moola", which means root.
- The 10 plant roots of Dashamoola are grouped as "Bṛihatpanchamula" (roots of five trees) i.e. "Bilva" (Bengal quince), "Paṭala" (Trumpet flower tree), "Gambhari" (white teak), "Syonaka" (Indian trumpet tree), and "Agnimantha" (Wind killer) and "Laghupanchamula" (roots of five shrubs) i.e. "Salaparṇi" (salpan), "Pṛsniparṇi" (pointed-leaved uraria plant), "Bṛhati" (Indian Nightshade), "Kaṇṭakari" (yellow-berried nightshade) and "Gokṣura" (land-caltrops). (More Details)
- Dashamoola is available in the form of "churna" (powders), "arishtams" (aqueous preparations), "kwatha" (decoction), "vatis" (tablets), "kalpa" (paste), "tailam" (oil), and even "ghritam" (jam-like formulations).
What are its benefits:
- Dashamoola is a natural health booster that promotes overall health. It contains anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic or Anti-arthritic, analgesic, antispasmodic, adaptogenic, antioxidant, neuroprotective, anti-paralytic, uterine tonic, uterine detoxifier properties.
- Solves Respiratory Problems: Dashamoola plays a pivotal role in treating several respiratory troubles like the common cold, cough, asthma, and flu symptoms. Dashamoola consuming with herbal ghee works the best.
- Remedies Arthritis: Dashamoola is quintessential in reducing joint and muscle pain, thereby reducing the chances of chronic autoimmune inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, urinary infection, gulma, anemia, swelling, and ailments of the liver that occurs due to the vitiation of Vata Doshas. It also reduces pain occurring in the lower back, sacral regions, and lower limbs (i.e. thigh, legs, and feet).
- Enhances Digestion: Dashamoola counterbalances the excess acid in the stomach and provides immediate relief from acidity & heartburn. It also reduces constipation and improves digestion. It treats abdominal cramps, bloating, etc. It also treats food allergies as well.
- Reduces Migraine: Dashamoola holds high significance in providing relief from chronic headaches, tension, etc. Normally, a headache occurs due to excessive workload, stress, anxiety, etc. It has a soothing effect on irritated nerves, calms the brain, and improves nerve function. It also treats the symptoms associated with migraines like vomiting, nausea, and gastrointestinal troubles.
- Reduces fever: Dashamoola has a lot of antipyretic properties which can break down intermittent or a very high fever. It can manage body temperature. It is also effective against fever due to common cold, flu, or influenza.
- Dashamoola pacifies "Vata" dosha and normalizes "Kapha" dosha functions.
- "Balya": It increases strength.
- "Ama nashak": It removes toxins.
- "Svasha hara": It treats asthma.
- "Deepana": It enhances stomach fire.
- "Pachana": It treats indigestion.
- "Rochana": It stimulates appetite.
- "Hikkanig": It relieves sore throat.
- "Triptighno": It relieves pseudo-satiation.
- "Kanthya": It improves voice.
- "Kapha-Vata hara": It treats Kapha and Vata imbalances.
- "Rasayani": It rejuvenates the whole body.
- "Anulomana": It improves breathing.
- "Kasahara": It relieves cough.
- "Shotha hara": It treats pain and inflammation.
- "Jwara hara": It reduces fever.